WORLD IN LAB

WORLD IN LAB

Friday, October 29, 2010

BENEFITS OF E-PORTFOLIO

BENEFITS OF E-PORTFOLIO
According to Dr. Helen C. Barrett at UAA, a national expert on e-portfolios, "electronic portfolios are much more than innovative resumes or scrapbooks". According to Barrett, eportfolios show "reflection, evolution of thought, and professional development".
(Preparing Tomorrow's Teachers to Use Technology, 2002)
TO STUDENTS :
  Increased learning effectiveness
  model professionalism
  enhance information technology skills
  gain academic credit for learning beyond the classroom
  reflections on artifacts as well as how they match goals and standards
  help students make connections among their formal and informal learning experiences
  prompt learners to articulate their learning goals from different perspectives
  allow individuals to display learning in ways overlooked or undervalued by other assessment means
It was quite difficult for me at the first time I got this task . But when I try to explore it , it become more interesting. I was enjoy doing this E-portfolio . The e-portfolio experience gave me a chance to find out about the skills I should be learning in college and there are ways that I can keep track of how I am doing. Now, with more knowledge of computer programs for developing Web pages, I decided to use e-portfolio as an opportunity to show and demonstrate all the skills that I have learned throughout my journey at UPSI.

No comments:

Post a Comment